Implement Your Plan and Gather Momentum
As you implement your plan, gather momentum by sharing your Action Plan widely, focusing on the why and how, not just the what. Use the Focus Area information and resources as you engage staff and families in helping to implement the plan through professional development, professional learning communities, and action groups such as PTA, Title I and Indian Education Advisory Committees.
Remember, building successful partnerships between families and schools is a process, not a one-time event. Key elements to consider:
- Leverage resources using state and federal family engagement requirements to help do this work.
- Stick to timelines and assurances the school has made to families, students, and school staff.
- Communicate progress and accomplishments consistently via multiple communication methods that work best for your community such as school websites and newsletters, posters and displays, and individual conversations.
- Meet regularly with your Action Team to discuss progress and obstacles as you implement your school’s Action Plan.
- Refer to the School-Level Reflection Rubric specific to your area(s) of focus as a benchmark to reflect on progress.
- A Gathering Momentum Feedback Log is available to document reflection on progress and informal stakeholder feedback.